Howdy, everyone. Happy Wednesday, it’s your local Patch editor here with the latest edition of the Pasadena Digest. Our top stories include affordable housing in Pasadena, 90 percent of eligible residents in the city being vaccinated against COVID-19 and Pasadena Unified official readying to meet about the vaccine.
First, today’s weather:
Partly sunny and cool. High: 74 Low: 54.
Here are the top stories today in Pasadena:
- Anita May Baldwin statue at new Arcadia hotel honors a strong woman well ahead of her time (The Pasadena Star-News)
- City Committee Approves Agreement With State to Acquire Portion of Westgate Apartments For Conversion to Affordable Housing (Pasadena Now)
- Margaret A. ‘Peggy’ York, First Female LAPD Deputy Chief, Former Pasadena City Council Candidate, and Wife of Lance Ito, Dies At Age 80 (Pasadena Now)
- LA County reports 26 more COVID deaths, 825 new cases (Spectrum News 1)
- 90% of Eligible Pasadenans Fully Vaccinated Against COVID-19 (Pasadena Now)
- Enjoy a ‘Poorly Drawn’ Portrait of Your Pet While Giving Back (NBC Southern California)
- Suspected Arsonist Also Accused Of Attempted Murder: Report (Pasadena Patch)
- ‘Glitch’ delays coronavirus reporting in Pasadena Unified while officials ready for vaccine meeting (The San Gabriel Valley Tribune)
Today’s Pasadena Daily is brought to you by our friends at GoodRx — the best way to save money on your prescriptions. GoodRx helps you locate the lowest prices for medications at local pharmacies, so you’re not overpaying. Works for pet medications too! To see how much you can save, go to GoodRx.com.
- Visit Pasadena: “Oh how we’d love to live at Queen Anne Cottage at @laarboretum surrounded by water and gorgeous flora and fauna! #visitpasadena #pasadenaandfriends #arcadiaca #pasadenaca” (Instagram)
- Visit Pasadena: “You’re invited to a screening of Remember the Titans to celebrate the @rosebowlstadium’s 99th birthday and kick off its Centennial Celebration with the local Pasadena and surrounding area community on Thursday, October 28th. Details in b…” (Instagram)
- Pasadena City College: “We want to hear from you! Pasadena City College is interested in hearing from adults between the ages of 18 – 50 about your overall impressions and thoughts about PCC. We’re looking to conduct a few focus groups in the next 2 weeks. The …” (Facebook)
- City of Pasadena – Public Agency: “Pasadena City Council intends to appoint former City Manager Cynthia Kurtz as interim city manager: https://bit.ly/3nc7RuU” (Facebook)
- Pasadena Public Library: “We’re pleased to announce the winners of the 2021 Bookmark Drawing Contest. Artists were challenged to submit a black and white drawing for a “coloring page” in the size of a bookmark. Thanks to everyone who voted including our staff and…” (Facebook)
- City of Pasadena – Public Agency: “Since children under 12 aren’t yet eligible for COVID-19 vaccination, Pasadena Public Health Department joins the CDC in issuing the following recommendations to help keep everyone safe & healthy this #Halloween: https://bit.ly/3Bd9q1v” (Facebook)
- Pasadena Education Network (PEN): “Getting ready for the PEN Board of Directors meeting tonight, and Poker’s on the agenda. You’re planning on coming, right? But have you bought your ticket(s) yet? Join us on Friday, November 12! Proof of vaccination or negative test resu…” (Facebook)
- Pasadena City College: “Just a reminder that Pasadena City College will be participating in the Great ShakeOut Earthquake Drills happening on Oct. 21st, 2021, at 10:21 AM. Even though PCC does not have all faculty, staff, and students on campus due to the COVID…” (Facebook)
- City of Pasadena – Public Agency: “𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗿𝗲𝗱𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝗺𝗽𝗮𝗰𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂? The Redistricting Task Force will meet again on Saturday, Oct. 23, at 9 a.m. to review submitted draft maps from members of the public and consider “preferred maps.” Join us…” (Facebook)
From our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
You’re officially in the loop for today. If you’re into these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to follow along. You can send them this link to subscribe.
— Andy Nguyen
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Pasadena Daily? Reach out anytime to [email protected]