The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist is built to keep you informed on all the best songs and albums coming out right here, right now in country and roots music. It’s available on most all streaming formats (see below), or you can just use the song, artist, and album recommendations to find something new to listen to. New songs just added.
Channing Wilson – “Blues Comin’ On” – He’s one of the most well-respected songwriters in Nashville, and folks have been salivating for a solo record from him for years. Recently spotted in the studio with Dave Cobb, this is Channing Wilson’s first taste of what promises to be one of the most anticipated releases of early 2023. Get Channing Wilson on your radar now.
Elle King – “Jersey Giant” – Elle King really impresses and ingratiates herself to independent country fans by taking this somewhat obscure Tyler Childers song and knocking it out of the park. Not tied to her upcoming country album but to her appearance on Tyler’s upcoming tour, “Jersey Giant” is Elle King showing respect to the song’s Appalachia roots, and showing off a more understated side of her often loud personality.
Whitehorse – “If The Loneliness Don’t Kill Me” – This husband and wife band from Canada has dabbled in some various styles of music, but their new album I’m Not Crying You’re Crying due out on January 13th is straight classic honky tonk country, and that’s what you get on one of the album’s early singles, “If The Loneliness Don’t Kill Me.”
Marty Stuart and His Fabulous Superlatives – “Country Star” – When Marty Stuart releases the first original song with his excellent backing band The Fabulous Superlatives in five years, it worth stopping down for and paying attention. “Country Star” is from a new album expected in the new year. In fact the rumor from Marty is that he has three albums in the can. Stay tuned.
The Williams Brothers – “Tears Only Run One Way” – This close singing brother duo was signed to a major label back in the late 80s – early 90s, but have re-emerged with a sound indicative of The Everly Brothers that is worth checking out, especially through this great country song written by Robbie Fulks.
Teague Brothers Band – “I Found Trouble” – If you’re looking to satisfy to your hankering for new music from the Turnpike Troubadours, the Teague Brothers Band offers a similar sound with the type of quality songwriting and musicianship the boys from Oklahoma are known for. That’s the reason when Evan Felker first took the stage after Turnpike’s hiatus, with was with the Teague Brothers backing him up. Their new album Love and War is out now.
– – – – – – – – – –
The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist primarily lives on Spotify, but is also available for those who use Amazon Music, YouTube, Apple Music, and Tidal. For those who don’t stream music, you can still find the song recommendations in list form below.
Please Note: The songs on this playlist are curated for listening pleasure and flow. Otherwise, they are not in any specific order.
Saving Country Music’s Top 25 Current Playlist:
- “Jersey Giant” – Elle King – (single)
- “Country Star” – Marty Stuart and His Fabulous Superlatives – (single)
- “Dig A Little Deeper In The Well” – Dailey & Vincent – Let’s Sing Some Country!
- “Blues Comin’ On – Channing Wilson – (single)
- “Flesh and Blood” – Adam Hood – Bad Days Better
- “Kentucky Blue” – Brit Taylor – Kentucky Blue (2-3-23)
- “Long Journey Home” – Billy Strings – Me / and / Dad
- “Back to the Honky Tonks” – Wesley Hanna – Brand New Love Potion
- “Ramblin’ Soul” – Melissa Carper – Ramblin’ Soul
- “If The Loneliness Don’t Kill Me” – Whitehorse – I’m Not Crying You’re Crying (1-13-23)
- “I Found Trouble” – Teague Brothers Band – Love and War
- “The Rooster And The Hen” – Emily Nenni – On The Ranch
- “Rock Bottom” – Alex Williams – Waging Peace
- “Sounds Like Something I’d Do” – Drake Milligan – Dallas/Fort Worth
- “I Dream Of You” – Kimmi Bitter – (single)
- “Reverse Cowgirl” – Jon Pardi – Mr. Saturday Night
- “Lover’s Game – The War and Treaty – (single)
- “Just Like Honey” – Charley Crockett – The Man From Waco
- “Tears Only Run One Way” – The Williams Brothers – Memories To Burn
- “Tie Me Up” – Sunny Sweeney – Married Alone
- “Over You” – Gabe Lee – The Hometown Kid
- “Better Things To Do” – The Shootouts, Marty Stuart – Stampede (2-24-23)
- “Ships in the Harbor” – Tommy Prine – (single)
- “Bonfire At Tina’s” – Ashley McBryde (& more) – Ashley McBryde Presents: Lindeville
- “Hell Bent on Hard Times” – Kendell Marvel – Come On Sunshine
- “Cypress Hills and the Big Country” – Colter Wall – (single)